Friday, April 27, 2012

The Adobe

I admit that I have never stayed in The Adobe, and I%26#39;m sure I never will. In a restaurant recently, I heard a woman tell about going there with her family. Apparently, a waiter poured wine all over her clothes and didn%26#39;t even apologize. All weekend, the staff kept saying ';Would you like some Cabernet on that?'; It just doesn%26#39;t sound like something I would want to let myself in for.



The Adobe


My wife and I have stayed at the Adobe Resort several times and have never witnessed anything like this. The waiters and waitresses treat eveyone with the utmost respect. You can%26#39;t believe everything you hear, unless you go there and find out for yourself how people are treated at the Adobe. To spread gossip without finding out what the Adobe is really like is sad. If you ever spend a weekend at the Adobe, you will like so many other people want to return again.



The Adobe


It would be hard for a resort like the Adobe to compete in a small town like Yachats (less than 1000 pop) with the other two up-scale resorts if this were true. I would bet a months pay this is nothing more than an urban legend.





Den




I have always found it best not to spread (post) gossip about a restaurant/hotel without actually ever having been there. It just takes away any credibility you might have..and in this case, you were not there.




I once heard that Oregon still had wagon trains too!




Hmmm A number of years ago the Adobe had an equally damaging story passing around about it. And don%26#39;t ask me the story. First i would not repeat and second i have completely forgotten, but not that it passed around.





Didn%26#39;t stop me from staying there, but wondered if there would be permanent damage,





But since they still are here I guess not





I hope this one too will pass.




What a goof ball you have to be to post a restaurant review that is based on a conversation you overheard in another restaurant.


You really blow the credibility of this site by reviewing an experience that wasn%26#39;t even yours......goofy




Well here is a couple of cents thrown in for what it%26#39;s worth. I have said in other threads that the Adobe was a customer of mine but this was about 15 yrs. ago and I have no idea what it%26#39;s like now and if it has new owners but if I was writing this 15 yrs. ago it would not be pretty. But like Den said if they treated people like that now they would have a hard time in that small town. And with the Overleaf getting bigger and bigger they have to work harder to stay at the top.




The Adobe still has the same owner, but he is less involved in the day to day operations as he was 10 or so years ago. I believe they have lost some ground to the Overleaf, especially since the new wing opened at the Overleaf. Aside from the fantastic location, the other thing that keeps the Adobe in competion is a very nice restaurant. Yachats is a small town and there are not a lot of dining options.




First forum post to say this? Odd. Seems like maybe the competition is planting negative comments. I was looking for a place to spend the night in the area, with dog. Anyone have some suggestions?




Soma ( I confirmed the new name an hour ago) about 3 miles north of Yachats allows pets. It%26#39;s right on the beach.





Den

No comments:

Post a Comment