Thursday, April 26, 2012

Portland airport hotel

Trying to decide on a hotel close to PDX to spend the night, then fly out the next am. I have found good reviews on Embassy Suites (but its booked), Staybridge Inn, and Country Inn, or Shiloh Inn. I would like a good comp. breakfast, clean hotel, in a safe, good area. If you have any info on these or any other preferred hotels, please let me know. gg



Portland airport hotel


tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g52024-i238-k73292鈥?/a>





this might be of help,



Portland airport hotel


Look for the big chains around any airport. Hilton, Marriott, etc. I have stayed at the Courtyard Marriott on Airport Way when my house was being remodeled and found it to be OK. Nothing fancy, but clean, with reasonable amenities and good price. Good luck!




The first part of July we stayed at the Shilo Inn PDX and it was AWESOME! I believe it%26#39;s all suites and they are nice. We did their Park-n-fly. My wife thinks it was $129 for the park-n-fly. We stayed the night before we left and since our flight back arrived at 10:00 we stayed when we got back. They had a very nice breakfast too. They have their own restuaunt and Shari%26#39;s is also next door. We were very impressed. The rooms were huge, with 10ft. ceilings, TV%26#39;s in the bathroom, bed area and the sitting area. Bathroom is big enough for a dance. Did I say it was nice? lol We will be using them for our park-n-flys from now on. No reason to look elsewhere when you find a good thing. They have a shuttle van going to the airport all the time.





Hope this helps.




Dreamin, it is ok if you admit you hated the hotel LOL



We were looking at flights out for some various trips we are planning, one leaves reeeally early in the am..so we think we will stay at the hotel.



I think we will try the Shilo from your rave review ( and we ate in a couple of Sharis, driving here from the East Coast:) )




I meant to say we think we will stay out at the airport..so we will check on the Shilo :)




I agree with Dreamin - the Shilo does a great job, they have all the amenities and restaurants close by. And the Park N Fly is a really great deal so you don%26#39;t have to deal with the airport parking nightmare!




Thank you all for your replies and it appears that the Shilo will be the place I make my reservation. Do ya%26#39;ll book on line through Shilo or on line w/another agency such as hotels.com ?? Question: we will be picking up a rental car and returning it to Avis before we check in. Is their location inside PDX or does a shuttle have to take you there ?




Thank you all for your replies and it appears that the Shilo will be the place I make my reservation. Do ya%26#39;ll book on line through Shilo or on line w/another agency such as hotels.com ?? Question: we will be picking up a rental car and returning it to Avis before we check in. Is their location inside PDX or does a shuttle have to take you there ?




My wife did the reservations online. As for the car rentals we%26#39;ve always drove our own car so I don%26#39;t know about the rental. I know when we arrived back from Maui they had shuttle vans for the rental companies but as big as PDX is thats not surprising.





Scarlett, the only thing I hated about the Shilo was when we got there for the second night it ment our Maui vacation was over. Month later and I%26#39;m still pouting. :( lol




Check shiloinns.com and compare to other online sites. I think we booked directly one time and through maybe expedia or AAA (for the discount) another time.





Glad to hear others think it%26#39;s good place for an airport stopover. I haven%26#39;t tried a Shilo anywhere else, so don%26#39;t know if their facilities in other western cities is the same or not, but PDX shilo works for me!


  • ink cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment