Friday, April 27, 2012

The Astoria Sunday Market is Up and Running!

The Sunday Market opened on Mother%26#39;s Day and will run until October each Sunday from 10-3. The market runs along 12th street and features some great local produce, flowers and arts and crafts. We love the Kettle Korn and the salmon pate here. Bon Jovi usually has wine tasting and local artists have their photography and paintings for sale. This is great fun and a nice way to spend an afternoon in Astoria. :)



The Astoria Sunday Market is Up and Running!


How nice:) When will you be here visiting next so that you can go to it?



The Astoria Sunday Market is Up and Running!


I should have let you know, the Portland Farmer%26#39;s Market is up and running, as well as Beaverton%26#39;s. Lake Oswego%26#39;s will start up again this Saturday. Maybe you will get to visit one of these during a visit here. They really are nice!




I was just coming to post this.



They had a record number of people this Sunday.



I just drove thru, but am glad to see it organized a bit better so thru traffic can get by. It was the same number of vendors if I remember this AM%26#39;s broadcast correctly, but a record number of visitors, could have been this awsome weather we are having.





Boy if anyone wants to come to the coast without a ton of crowds, now is the time for sure. Supposed to be like this a few more days at least I didn%26#39;t check the extended forcast.




Rivergallery, just what we were discussing tonight. We have had a stressful couple of days and we are hoping for some good news tomorrow then taking off to the Coast would be a great unwinding time.






I see from our forecast that tomorrow will be in the 60s then rain.



Portland is still hot and sunny.. :)




www.astoriasundaymarket.org is the website for those wanting more info or for those visiting Astoria on a cruise stop this summer. :)




Scarlett--That forecast keeps changing! Wish it would make up its mind:D I am hoping for clear weather as DH will be climbing, and I am hoping to hit the LO Farmer%26#39;s Market on Sat. morning before the sports begin. Last year I found some marionberry chocolate covered hazlenuts there that were really good. The lady that makes them is out of Newberg, and she does all sorts of glazed nuts, etc.




Mtngrl, Please, buy me some of them too!





I love shopping at all of these Farmers Markets..we had a lovely conversation recently with one of the chefs here in Portland while I dithered over some produce :)




Scarlett--I finally found some sugar snap peas today to plant, but am holding off on the tomato plants til I can get to the PFM to get ones like I had last year. The tomato plants on steroids, lol! Seriously, it was like a Jack and the Giant Beanstalk, except it was a tomato plant. I am itching to get there and buy it!




';Last year I found some marionberry chocolate covered hazlenuts there that were really good. ';



OH MY YUMMY



If you see her again grab a business card and give us her website or business name!

No comments:

Post a Comment