Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Where to go for a romantic anniversary dinner?

This is our first trek to Bend for anything other than family gatherings. Where would you suggest we for dinner and dancing? Not too young tho!!

Where to go for a romantic anniversary dinner?

Not sure what ou want in the dancing dept., but hands down the best meal I have had in OR was at Cork, and I grew up in OR. My wife and I just went there for our 5th anniversary and had a fantastic experience. Let them know it is a special occasion and they will set you up with the best seat in the house. Greg Unruh is the chef and tell him that Dan from the Ronald McDonald House sent you. As for dancing, therre really isnt a whole lot in town. What kind of venue and music would you like to hear?? If you want more info on Cork please ask as I have much to tell : )

Where to go for a romantic anniversary dinner?

So, what can you tell me about Cork? Where is it and what kind of food? My husband is definately a meat and potatoes kinda man.

Thanks!


Well, it is an a la carte menue, and the average plate ranged from about $22-34 when we were there. Apps were about $8-16, and everything was in good size portions. I had a great ribeye in a bourbon sauce that was amazing. They have a lot of seafood and meats, but all have very unique infusions or combinations of flavors. It is a nice place, small and quaint setting, and is located in downtown Bend on Oregon St. with an exstenisve wine list, but no bar. If you are looking for just a ';meat and potatoes'; place you might think about the Tumalo Feed Company just outside of town. Not fancy, but lots of food and ok meats in my opinion. There is also the Blacksmith in town as well, but not my recommendation. What else? Cork was ranked the best restaurant in the NW last year by wine and food magazine, and unlike many places that get great reviews, they have stayed at the top. Greg, the owner and head chef is in the kitchen every night putting his name on every dish. That is not the case with many of the ';fine dining'; places in town, and many places in general as you may know. Hope this helps, but if not ask more and we can talk in a different direction.


Or, you could call Kris at RobbieJ%26#39;s Bistro in the Mill District tell him you want a special anniversary dinner.


I agree with Silly Billy - The Cork would be my first choice. We recently ate at Ariana%26#39;s and that would be a good choice too.


I also like Cork.

The Pine Tavern also has good food, and outdoor seating... but it isn%26#39;t what I would call ';intimate';. You can find local restaurant reviews and entertainment info at: tsweekly.com


So I always wonder what happens to these people that come on for one post or 2??? Did you go to Cork? Was it a good suggestion, or did you decide to do your own thing?? Just wondering where they go. Maybe back to the rainbow?

  • Name for a black cat
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment