Thursday, April 26, 2012

Salishan Spa

A little late on the post, but we spent Memorial Day weekend at our vacation house in Gleneden Beach and tried the spa at Salishan. One word...INCREDIBLE!



I travel a great deal and always like to get at least one pampering treatment per trip, so I%26#39;ve been to a lot of spas.



From the moment you start up the walk to the front door you can feel the stress slipping away. There are seperate facilities for men and women (sauna, Jacuzzi, rain shower, steam room) as well as co-ed facilities here. The co-ed includes an outdoor Jacuzzi with a wonderful view of the Siletz Bay. The relaxation room is equally wonderful with floor to ceiling windows on two walls, a large fireplace and comfy chairs. The relaxation room also has an unobstructed view of the bay.



The treatments were all excellent, I was just sorry our trip to the coast was last minute and I couldn%26#39;t fit in an entire spa day!



If you%26#39;re looking for a great place to unwind and relax, this is the place.





Salishan Spa


Sounds like a place we would love! Thanks for the report! :)



Salishan Spa


%26lt;%26lt; an outdoor Jacuzzi with a wonderful view of the Siletz Bay. The relaxation room is equally wonderful with floor to ceiling windows on two walls, a large fireplace and comfy chairs. The relaxation room also has an unobstructed view of the bay. %26gt;%26gt;





This alone makes me want to go !!



Thanks for posting!




Thanks tahitigirl:) I have stayed at Salishan quite a bit, but not in recent years. Nice to hear how the remodel has turned out.




Tahitigirl,





Just wanted to say hello, as I recognized you from the Brian Head forum. After all the agonizing we did about where to stay, went up to blizzard conditions and came home early. Waaaahhh. Did like Copper Chase after all, in spite of the conditions. ;^D




Ok, slightly south of Oregon but....





Glad you liked the Copper Chase Hapahaolegirl...sorry about the blizzard. A few winters ago I felt like Brian Head should be paying me to be there...instead me paying them for lift tickets. We%26#39;d always check the weather before we left LV and then there%26#39;d be a ';sudden and unexpected storm'; once we got up there.





Saw on another post that your husband likes to mountain bike...have you been to Brian Head in the summer/fall for a bike trip? It%26#39;s amazing! There are many, many different rides you can take. My husband%26#39;s favorite is the ride down from the top of Giant Steps. I prefer the more scenic flat rides through the trees. Best time to go is fall, the aspen are beautiful! Plus it%26#39;s a nice change from our heat!





Tahiti




Tahitigirl,





Yes, I%26#39;ve done some mountain biking in Brian Head. We actually spend more time up there in the summer and fall than in winter. Like you say, you learn not to trust the weather forecasts during the winter.





Husband has done many bike trails there, I%26#39;ll have to ask about Giant Steps. Can%26#39;t think of the name of the scariest one that I did, you start at the top of the high point as you%26#39;re coming in from Cedar Breaks side...I was glad I was alive when I got to the bottom! That was not only due to the terrain but also due to the lightning storms while traversing the open meadows. Gorgeous scenery, though. It%26#39;s amazing how coming so close to death can make you feel so good.





Hubby still voting for retiring to Southern Utah and I am close to agreeing when it comes to beauty and activity. We are not LDS, though, and I already dislike the sense of isolation I feel right here in LV. I%26#39;d like to move somewhere where people talk to each other.





And like you mentioned regarding Oregon, I%26#39;d still be missing the rain! ;^D.




Southern Utah is indeed breath taking. We%26#39;re not LSD either and I hear you about the dislike and the feelings of isolation!on. That%26#39;s the one thing that would stop me from retiring there.




Tahiti--LSD? LOL! Sorry, I got a good giggle out of that:) I knew what you meant...but it was funny:)




I cousins in SLC who are LDS and they love it so much. I really enjoyed the drive through on our way here to Portland from the East coast.



That said, I think there really is a lot of isolation and exclusion living in that area :(




That was a really odd typo..





I have cousins ....... :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment