Friday, April 27, 2012

Best Western (Ocean Front)

We are trying to plan a trip before school starts. We usually go to Lincoln City but thought our DD would have more fun at Seaside. Has anyone every stayed at the Best Western?? I am having a horrible time finding an ocean front hotel and this seems to be about the only one available. Any info on the Best Western (is it clean, nice rooms, etc) would be helpful and most appreciated! I read the reviews but they seem so varied. Any other recommendations on the best, cleanest, not too expensive, ocean front hotel would also be greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!!!!

Best Western (Ocean Front)

HI and welcome to the forums! Have you tried the Shilo Oceanfront? The Best Western looks fine to me, I ride my bike by the property a lot.

We enjoyed a nice 4 night stay at the Tides by the Sea, down by Ave. U. We had the top corner room that was roomy and comfortable. There is a small heated outdoor pool where I enjoyed swimming laps. It%26#39;s nice to get the 2 bedroom unit when you are traveling with kids. Any further questions, feel free to ask! :)

Best Western (Ocean Front)

Thanks so much for the reply and the welcome!! I checked out the Shilo - unfortunately it is out of our price range. Thanks for the tip on the Tides - I will check that out!!


Just checked the Tides - the pool does look great! Unfortunately they require a two night minimum and we can only stay for one night due to work schedules.


Hi EmsMom :)

Hopefully one of the Oregon locals will see this and post something for you. Have you looked at other towns, like ?annon Beach? Perhaps you could stay there but spend time in Seaside..


Hi EmsMom,

EmsDad here! How old is your Em?

I%26#39;m not familiar with many of the lodgings in Seaside since my Em and her brother both prefer Cannon Beach. You%26#39;ve not indicated your budget, but if you%26#39;re looking for ocean front, it probably won%26#39;t be inexpensive in either town.

A couple months ago, my wife took our daughter and several of her friends to Cannon Beach and stayed in the Blue Gull Inn which, though not ocean front, is only 150 feet from the beach. It%26#39;s also just three blocks from ';downtown'; so really a great location. Blue Gull is nothing fancy, but has clean spacious rooms (some of which are two bedroom suites), and is very reasonably priced.

We%26#39;ve also stayed in a place called the Gearhart Ocean Inn a couple times. It%26#39;s not on the beach either; in fact it%26#39;s a bit of a hike over dunes and beach grass. But it%26#39;s a cute little inn, in a quiet charming, small town. And as a bonus, Pacific Way Cafe and Bakery is just across the street. If Em gets bored, Seaside is just 2 miles away.


Thanks for the responses! This is such a nice, friendly place :)

I will try Cannon Beach - THANKS for the suggestion.

We were wanting to stay under $200 but that isn%26#39;t gonna happen for oceanfront in Seaside. We could do that in Lincoln City - our fav. hotel there is D%26#39;Sands but I just think Em would have more fun at Seaside. Right now we are looking at $249 for Best Western in Seaside - oceanfront. I was just concerned because of some of the reviews on this site of that hotel. Some reviewers mentioned it was in a bad ???? part of Seaside . . . .

EmsDad - my Em is 6 going on 16 LOL and yours?


Here%26#39;s another possibility for you........the Microtel. While not oceanfront, it is only about a five block walk to a less crowded section of the beach. I stayed there for two nights earlier in the month and thought for the money ($99 for a queen suite) that it was a very good value. Especailly for Seaside.

If you are interested, you can search ';mircrotel, seaside'; and read my full review.

Den


Thanks Dengay - I will definitely check that out!!


6 going on 16? I know what you mean, EmsMom. Our Em is 14 going on 30.

I wouldn%26#39;t be too worried about the Best Western location. The area north of Broadway feels more commercial/industrial than south of Broadway, which is almost all residential. So it feels different, but there%26#39;s nothing to be afraid of.

You might also check Inn of the Four Winds, which is actually a little north of the Best Western. I%26#39;ve not stayed there, but it is a sister hotel of two in Cannon Beach that we particularly like. I didn%26#39;t mention it earlier, because rates are probably in the same ballpark as the Best Wester (or higher(?)), and they may also have the minimum stay requirement.

I hope Emily has fun! Seaside is an exciting town for a six year old.


LOL Mistletoe - I know exactly what you mean!

I did check the other hotel you mentioned and if I remember right (I have checked and looked at so many hotels the past days I am dizzy!!) they did have a minimum two nights I believe.

I have decided on the Best Western - it is available and on the ocean -

Thanks again to you for your help and all the other wonderful posters. Have a great day!!!!

  • hair highlights
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment