Thursday, April 26, 2012

Worldmark Seaside or Gleneden or Depoe Bay??

I have a timeshare which I can exchange into one of these resorts. This will be our first trip to the Oregon coast. Which resort would you recommend and why? Which one is the newest? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!



Worldmark Seaside or Gleneden or Depoe Bay??


The Seaside resort is located in the busiest part of this touristy cheesey beach town, with some balconies literally hanging over the main street. This place would be my last choice, especially if you have no control over room assignment.





Between the other two, I like the Depoe Bay location better because it%26#39;s a little closer to one of the most scenic parts of the coast. But I think the coastline fronting the Depoe Bay resort is rocky-rugged, so if a beach is important to you, choose Gleneden.



Worldmark Seaside or Gleneden or Depoe Bay??


We own at Whale Pointe. We have stayed there many times. I believe all units are ocean front, though some in newer unit are cove-front. Rugged rocky ocean front. But you have to drive to get to a beach. You can walk to downtown Depoe Bay. though takes a little time





I have stayed once at other two. Gleneden Beach is right on the beach. we were lucky had ocean front 2BR. People at desk said if you get one BR fair chance you will get parking lot view, but walk to beach pretty easy. And it is very quiet place. we will probably stay there again.





We had parking lot view at Seaside well back in resort. we could see ocean from deck. Think that was better than Broadway view. evenings can get noisy there. Likely we will not stay there again. but our daughter and family stayed there 4 nights and loved it with closeness to beach and activities on Broadway. Then they like Las Vegas.





I prefer central coast so that may shade my view.





I kind of like Seaside but stay away from Broadway for overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment