Friday, April 27, 2012

Manzanita Visit

Where to stay, clean, comfortable, not too expensive?



Manzanita Visit


The Inn at Manzanita looks very nice. We enjoyed driving around Manzanita after our dinner at Nehalem River Inn a few days ago. Manzanita is a quiet little coastal town with not a lot of lodging choices. If you%26#39;re staying for very long, you may want to check into a house rental. Many nice ones with gorgeos views. Enjoy the coast! :)



Manzanita Visit


Hi mamababoo!



Had lunch today at Piazza Italia and thought of you :)



Hopefully , someone will post here who has actually stayed there and will be of help to you.



I am sure, being a long time resident of Oregon, you know something about Manzanita.



Hoping Mtngrl or mistletoe see this- or Dengay...




Hi mamababoo..





As long as I%26#39;ve seen it, I%26#39;ve wondered if there%26#39;s a story to your username?? Whatever, I like it.





Wish I had some help for you, but the times I%26#39;ve stayed in Manzanita have all been in private homes. I%26#39;m supposing you know as much or more than the rest of us, and certainly as much as those who%26#39;ve done a Google drive-thru; Manzanita is a cool little town.





Looking forward to your trip report.




The owner of one of the buildings I run out here in SE owns a place in Manzanita, and he only stays there 3 or 4 weeks a year. For the rest of the year, he rents the place out at manzanitarentals dot com. They have a ton of unique places to stay, but I think they have a one-week minimum if you%26#39;re thinking about staying in august.



Having never rented an actual hotel room in the city of Manzanita, I%26#39;d have to go for the Old Wheeler Hotel or the Wheeler On The Bay Lodge just upriver.



As you probably already know, Manzanita is the best kept secret of the Oregon coast--if this was 1997. Nowadays, Laneda Ave is all Subarus and the ';we%26#39;re just wine-tasting'; fifty-year-old woman crowd.



Camp on the beach if you dare, but right around 2ish the sheriff comes around and gives you a ticket for ';public urination,'; which is a total bogus charge because technically I had a bucket with me. Apparently, your ';intent to aim'; isn%26#39;t a valid defense.



Just sayin%26#39;.




Sorry, but when we go back to visit, as we will in two weeks, we stay at a family owned house...no motel.





The Inn at Manzanita USED TO BE a nice place. I say used to b/c I have not been there in 14 years. When we lived there, our visiting guests would stay there often and always enjoyed it.





Den




We have stayed twice at The Inn at Manzanita, but both times were during the rainy and much quieter off-season (February or March). Stayed once in the Starseeker %26amp; once in the Westerner - both rooms are at the top floor of the North Building. I think our rates were around $150/nt. but that was on weekends. Cheaper rates apply Sun-Thurs.





The rooms are not lavishly furnished but are quite comfortable with comfortable couch, dinette, new TV, VCR/DVD, nice fireplaces %26amp; a small kitchenette with under counter fridge. Those rooms have a jetted tub for two and a really cool nook where the queen sized bed fits perfectly. The nook is all clad in wood with two windows and a sloping ceiling with skylight - you feel like you%26#39;re sleeping in a cozy treehouse.





The owners are a very nice couple (Nancy %26amp; Mark), who are very helpful with things like reservations and recommendations for things to do. Manzanita%26#39;s very small but there are plenty of things to do along that stretch of the coast. Long strolls on the beach are great ,as are walks up the short downtown stretch of Laneda Ave. My wife has a favorite shop she goes to everytime called Zyzygy - about 4 blocks east from the Inn. There%26#39;s also a really good little pizza place across the street from the Inn called Marzano%26#39;s - we always get the awesome Potato %26amp; Prosciutto pie :)!





Hope that helps you.



Brian




So nice to hear first hand accounts of this place:)





Oregone--LOL! If you were a bit older I would swear you were my cousin!




Bless you all for your help. I%26#39;m still messing around trying to figure out where to stay. It may be up to 6 people and a house might better do the trick.





The mamababoo thing is two part. The first; I was fortunate to raise a wonderful son, who in his teenage years brought all his friends to my house and they all called me mama.





The baboo part is as in ';My Sweet Baboo';. It is good to be loved.





So there you go. The secret to ';my not very important to anyone but me'; screen name.





Scarlett, I also think of you as I wander through The Pearl. We had dinner last night at Fenouil and it was very good. I had salad and loved it!




mamababoo ( I love %26amp; understand the meaning of your screen name :) )



We were in Jamison Park last night :)



It was so beautiful out, after walking through First Thursday madness and the party on Hoyt (Piazza Italia) it was so nice in the park!



Isn%26#39;t that restaurant just the Best ?! :)



I think we are having dinner there next week..as my husband says...Sigh...again? lol





Someday we will have to run into each other :)




Thnk you Scarlett. We should make a time to get together and with others on this board who want to meet face to face!

No comments:

Post a Comment