Thursday, April 26, 2012

Astoria natives

My long awaited Pacific NW trip is nearly here-had to move it from spring to fall...so i have been waiting forever!



I am landing in PDX and getting a rental car-- would you recommend taking 26 across and then up the shore to Astoria or 30 east? Astoria%26#39;s website suggests 30 west, but I am leaning towards 26 across--it looks like a bigger road, plus we could stop along the shore.



Any thoughts on things i should see before getting to Astoria (2 nights there) before we head to PDX.



Astoria natives


I would take I-5 To Longview, then HWY 30 to Astoria. From Astoria to Seaside is only 45 min, so I would do that after checking into my hotel.



I just posted a couple reviews of some restaurants if you want to check it out.



Not sure what DAY you are arriving, but luckily you will miss the Volleyball Tournament in Seaside, the Regatta is over also in Astoria, but check and make sure what is happening when you are coming so you can guage traffic.



If you go 26 you will only miss Seaside, Gearhart and Warrenton as Cannon Beach is South of 26.





Any of these places are fine as day trips from Astoria IMO. 26 isn%26#39;t bigger is it 2 lanes most of the way, 1-5 is 6+ lanes the whole way. And HWY 30 from Longview is 4 lanes part of the way, and 2 lanes the rest, but not as curvey as 26. And if you take I-5 from the Airport you will miss the stop and go traffice through Scapoose, Rainer, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment