Friday, April 27, 2012

Hot Springs

My husband and 15 month old daughter will be comign to Bend in October. I would love to go to some hot spring either around Bend or on our way from PDX to Bend. They would have to be relatively easy to get to (no long hikes...). Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks so much!



Hot Springs


I%26#39;ve found that most people that know where natural hot springs are tend to want to keep them secret for fear of overuse, vandalism, and litter issues. If I were you, I%26#39;d just stop at Kah-Nee-Ta in Warm Springs on your way out to Bend. Not exactly what you wre thinking of, i%26#39;m sure, but a lot easier and safer, considering what%26#39;s been going on at Bagby and Austin Hot Springs lately.



Hot Springs


thanks for the suggestion...What%26#39;s been going on at the other places? Have you heard of Breitenbush hot springs? Also, do you know what the weather is like in October?





thanks!! I appreciate all the posts!




In October it will be starting to get chilly. I have not been to Breitenbush, but two friends have. They said it was clothing optional (and most people opted out of it), vegetarian food, bring our own bedding, sort of hippy feel ot it.





I think with a small child, Kah-nee-ta would be a good spot.




Someone keeps ';installing'; carpet all over the rocks at Austin and leaving the place a total mess. As for Bagby, that place is famous for car break-ins, theft, and arson. There are dozens of pristine hot springs in Oregon, but you really have to get away from the major population centers to find them. The contact high alone at Cougar Hot Springs is enough to make you think that monkeys look like Emeril from that cooking show.




Hi thefayway, I see you have posted GoLists for Bend..Have you been to Bend or Portland before?



Maybe specific questions would work here, since you know enough to post GoLIsts, we might be just telling you stuff you already know..




No, I haven%26#39;t been to Oregon at all, I made that golist as a reference for myself for all the places that look interesting to visit when we come in Oct. Any advice on my golist (see it/skipit/add it) would be helpful!





Thanks again




Places you would like to visit but havent yet? I dont think I understand the concept of GO lists after all




Just a way to stay organized of places I%26#39;d like to visit...didn%26#39;t really think it was such a big deal. Anyway, this really isn%26#39;t about go lists, it%26#39;s about hot springs. I think I got what I was looking for. Thanks for all the contributions.




I don%26#39;t think the purpose of a GoList is to organise a persons trip plans..What makes a GoList special is if someone actually has done the trip/been to the place ..or lives in the place.



Perhaps you should take the trip first? You might have so much more personal information to add, and you never know, when gathering info, if it is all correct, until you have done it and checked it out yourself.



Good luck with your research %26amp; trip. Look forward to reading about it after you have been here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment