Friday, April 27, 2012

Lost Coast loop to Gold Beach- one day?

We%26#39;re staying in Fortuna California one night on our way up the coast. If we left our Fortuna hotel in the a.m. , took our time down the lost coast and looped back up (having seen Ave. of the Giants the day before, so not stopping again), would we be pushing it to get to Gold Beach before nightfall? Should we stop in Brookings instead?





Lost Coast loop to Gold Beach- one day?


The coastline between Brookings and Port Orford is some of the more spectacular in Oregon, so if you%26#39;ve got the time, I wouldn%26#39;t chance missing any of it.



Lost Coast loop to Gold Beach- one day?


Lost Coast.? I had to google that to find it Never been there though have seen much of Cal coast. Looks like from Fortuna you will be backtracking. And appears you may not have a lot of coast line. Sounds like it may take half day whcih does not give a lot of time to go fortuna to GoldBeach





I think you can have very nice day from Fortuna to Gold Beach never going far from 101. While I agree Avenue of Giants best there are some very nice redwoods north of Fortuna. Trinidad a nice stop. so is crescent city. And also Eureka. you can make several stops Brookings to Gold beach Harris beach and Boardman SPs





My wife and I took all day last fall to go from Crescent City to Bandon, as Mistletoe says spectacular coast line.




Thanks for the advice. So, there%26#39;s nothing really spectacular about that drive down through Petrolia and south? It sounds like the area north of Brookings is something we would be wanting to do in the daytime, and with time to stop and enjoy it.




Since I have not driven it I am not sure. I do know we lived in Redding for 5 years made several trips over to coast, and saw several things, some of the ones I mentioned in other note are examples.





We never took that drive. I do not remember why, but guess because nobody talked about it.





There is a little bypass road through the redwoods somewhere north of Eureka that I think is good. There was less of redwoods open when we were in Redding that was before the national Park, though most of state parks there,

No comments:

Post a Comment