Friday, April 27, 2012

portland vs. seattle

If you had to/could choose, where would you live and why?

portland vs. seattle

I currently live in a Portland suburb, but we have lived in a Seattle one as well. Both places were great for us. There are pros and cons to each. Just depends on what you are looking for.

portland vs. seattle

Maybe this thread will help, nrh: http://tinyurl.com/r593y.

So we don%26#39;t respond with a bunch of stuff that may or may not be relevant to your criteria, why don%26#39;t you tell us more what you%26#39;re looking for.


I like Portland. It is a little big city with a vibrant core and rapidly developing arts and business culture. Neighborhoods carry their own charm and community. Somehow the city seems to breathe well within itself, blending many different folks into a freindly place in an incredible setting. Seattle is also beautiful, but it is a big, big city. I admit, I am biased. Everytime I fly into PDX I am grateful for the trip I just took but absolutely ecstatic to be home and know I live here.


Well, everyone in this forum almost has already made that decision! :-)

Seattle:

- Is too big

- Recreation spots are too crowded

- Traffic is even worse than Portland

- Seattle is even more expensive to live in

- Seattle is wetter and has less seasons than Portland


I have lived in both. I spent 18 months in Portland before being relocated to Seattle. I have been in Seattle now for 3 years. I prefer Seattle but also liked Portland alot. I owned a house in Portland as I do here and real estate is less expenesive in Portland, but my home has appreciated more here in Seattle. I like that there are 3 major sports teams here vs 1 in Portland. I love sports so I also like the fact that UW is here vs Oregon where i had to travel to Eugene (sory Beaver fans)for the games. The food and different restaurants in Seattle are great, and better than what Portland has to offer, I also really like how Seattle has different little neighborhoods that are all self sufficient like Magnolia (where I live) Queen Anne, Fremont, Capital Hill, Belltown, etc.

Both cities are on the water, but I really like being surrounded by The Sound and Lake Washington vs the Rivers in Portland.

What I always say is Seattle and Portland are very very similar but everything Portland has Seattle also has and then some, but Portland does not have everything that Seattle has . It is a bigger city and for me I prefer that. If you prefer a little smaller city Portland may be a better choice.


%26lt;%26lt;I like that there are 3 major sports teams here vs 1 in Portland.%26gt;%26gt;

New owner moves Sonics to Oklahoma(?). Paul Allen moves Blazers to Seattle. Score: Seattle - 3, Portland - 0.

  • a good myspace layouts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment