Tuesday, April 24, 2012

PDX Hotel with restaurant/shuttle

Hi all.

I am flying up to PDX from Eugene on Friday and there is a very good chance I will miss my connection to Burbank. Only 35 minutes with a 20 month year old in tow. I want to have some contingency plans in place if this happens. One possibility is to just get a room nearby and catch the next available flight in the morning. I know most of the hotels nearby have shuttle service to the aiport, but will they also come pick you up from the airport? Also, can anyone recommend a hotel with a coffee shop (i.e. not too expensive restaurant) so if we need to eat we can. I don%26#39;t really want to stay downtown as I am not feeling all that adventurous.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

PDX Hotel with restaurant/shuttle

OK, I will see if I can be of help :O)

First of all, PDX is a pretty easy airport to get around, not huge and congested like a lot of others..You might manage the connection easily...

If not:

There are some decent hotels right next to the airport, you can shuttle/taxi to the airport. There is a taxi stand right out side the door, very easy, you cannot miss it and there are never terrible lines..you can do that rather than look for a shuttle but once you find a hotel, you can ask about that.

Re: Feeling adventurous..it would be about as adventurous as taking the taxi to the airport hotel, except a bit longer ride and you would be in a much prettier nicer area..with a place to take a walk perhaps..and room service.

I will give you a town hotel now and will look up the airport hotels and post back with them..you can look them up online or call...

www.5thavenuesuites.com

How is that? I will be back :)

PDX Hotel with restaurant/shuttle

internationalairportguide.com/portland_pdx.h鈥?/a>


Thanks for your advice. If I have to stay I will probably stay near the airport as it will already be late in the evening and I would hope to be on the first flight out in the morning. I checked out the link you sent and will check to see which ones have some sort of restaurant and print the page to take with me so I am not totally clueless about where to choose.

My mom and dad had to cancel their trip this spring but we were hoping to spent some time in Portland and stay at the 5th Avenue Suites. i have heard good things about them. Maybe next year.


The area around the hotels is clean and looks quite safe, for the amount of time you will be there, I am sure you will be fine..the restaurants should not be too pricey. Hope it all works out well for you and your little one. Hope you get back here next year :)


We have stayed at the Shilo Inn next to PDX several times when in Portland on business. They provide a frequent shuttle bus to the terminal, which is not too far away. We have even brought our grandkids because it has a nice indoor pool and there is ample space in room for the active little one.

The modern, well-appointed rooms are semi-suite, with small kitchenette, couch and dining table, and the restaurant is also quite good and reasonably priced. Room service is available. A better-than-average continental breakfast (fruit, bagels, cereals, even lattes) is included in the price. Check shiloinns.com for more info.


Here is what I posted on another PDX thread a little while ago:

The first part of July we stayed at the Shilo Inn PDX and it was AWESOME! I believe it%26#39;s all suites and they are nice. We did their Park-n-fly. My wife thinks it was $129 for the park-n-fly. We stayed the night before we left and since our flight back arrived at 10:00 we stayed when we got back. They had a very nice breakfast too. They have their own restuaunt and Shari%26#39;s is also next door. We were very impressed. The rooms were huge, with 10ft. ceilings, TV%26#39;s in the bathroom, bed area and the sitting area. Bathroom is big enough for a dance. Did I say it was nice? lol We will be using them for our park-n-flys from now on. No reason to look elsewhere when you find a good thing. They have a shuttle van going to the airport all the time.

Also since you will be flying in my wife said she thought the rooms were $109 a night if it was not park-n-fly.

I just went to www.shiloinns.com and did a check and here is what came up. Preferred rates were $155 a night, park-n-fly $120 a night and the American Hero package was $140 a night which you get a $40 certificate for their resturaunt. Now I don%26#39;t know whats up with the preferred rates, those may be their rack rates I%26#39;m not sure. I would give them a call. If you don%26#39;t use the park-n-fly they may charge for the shuttle. Their phone number is 1-800-222-2244.

Hope this helps.


Whoops, after I posted that I realized you%26#39;re probably already gone. Hope all went well. Maybe someone else will find the info of some use.


Wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions. Fortunately our Eugene plane was actually early arriving at PDX so we were able to get to our gate just as they were boarding so no need for the hotel, but will be keeping your suggestions in mind for holiday travel as we may just spend the night in Portland and fly direct from there.


The Shilo chain is nice. We have stayed in a few of them, Grant%26#39;s Pass, Seaside, they are clean and comfortable, comprable to the Best Western properties. The majority of the Shilos have indoor pools and a restaurant either on-site or nearby. :)


But have you stayed at the Shilo in by the airport (PDX) here in Portland, syrahgirl?

  • nails painted right
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment